Thursday, September 15, 2011

My Garage : Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV


Honestly, I have never been a fan of its predecesor, the Miura which is widely hailed as one of the most beautiful cars of all time. The Countach though was the first real Lamborghini to grab my attention. Blame the scissor doors and the razor sharp styling that looked like it could cut any object into a million pieces. Just 676 of the 5000 QV (quattrovalvole) were built which featured a 5.2 litre engine that had four valves per cylinder (hence the name) with 455 bhp on tap with a top speed of 295 kmph.

The car to have on your wall as a kid growing up in the 80s.

Would I buy one: I would need super human powers to be able to reverse this car, given the near lack of rear visibility from the drivers seat. And no, I dont have super human powers ....

Would I drive one: As long as I dont have to reverse the car, I most definitely would.