Monday, September 12, 2011

My Garage : Dodge Viper GTS Coupe


Within the first 6 years of production, Dodge sold a rather incredible 10000 Vipers, proving what a runaway hit it was. 3 years after its launch Dodge released this updated Viper which produced 450 bhp from its monster 8 litre V10 engine. The insane performance (0-60 mph (97 km/h): 4.0 secs and 0-100 mph (160 km/h): 8.6 secs with a top speed of 298 kmph) was coupled with ridiculously poor brakes (even after the addition of ABS) which made it one hair raisingly terrifying car.

(A scary overdose of) power to the people!

Would I buy one: No. I have too many things to complete on my list of Things to do before I reach the better place.

Would I drive one: Yes. But given the atrocious braking, I will be driving it very slowly. Im too young to be standing in line at the Pearly Gates.