Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Garage : 1967 Ford Mustang GT



The 1:24 scale model of the 1967 Ford Mustang GT was the first model car that I picked up & I haven’t looked back since. The Mustang is my favourite muscle car of its generation and it was in 1967 that the Mustang received its first major redesign and several other changes to keep it ahead of the competition. There was an optional 390-cubic-inch 6.4L V-8 motor capable of putting out a grin inducing 320 hp. A little known fact is that the car nicknamed Elanor which Nicholas Cage has a fascination for in the movie Gone In 60 Seconds was actually modeled on the 1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang.

Would I buy one: Probably not. Its going to be more than a handful on Indian roads and parking it is going to be a nightmare.

Would I drive one: Of course. In the same shade of red. Down an empty American highway. God bless muscle cars.



No comments: